You might not need Zapier, since we search for an email address inside the webhook data automatically - which works for most services that have webhooks.
First, you need a notification that tracks Webhooks, in the notification's Track step pick webhook and save it.
NOTE: this is mandatory or you won't have notifications to chose from in Zapier customize event
ProveSource zapier app is currently in "invite only"
- First, create a new zap (click Make a Zap! at the top left)
OR Select an existing zap.
- Set up your Trigger with the app of your choice
(the app you want to get events to send to ProveSource).
For the action, search and select ProveSource
(you have to click on the invitation link before it's available).
Click Sign in to ProveSource.
If you're already logged in to ProveSource - your Zapier will automatically connect. Otherwise, you will have to signup/login to ProveSource before signing in in Zapier.
Now you need to pick a notification to send the data to, only notifications that use Webhook in the Track section will be displayed here:
Fill in the rest of the fields with data from other Zapier steps or use static/custom data.
The only required field is email, the rest will make for better notifications though.
Tip: be sure to check the Events page in ProveSource to see the calls from Zapier
Legacy (Without Zapier App)
Grab your Webhook
Get your Webhook URL from the notification details page, or from the New Notification wizard.
You first need to create your notification, and then copy your webhook. Otherwise you'll be getting HTTP error 404.
From the wizard (make sure you complete the wizard before you use the webhook):
Create a new zap: https://zapier.com/help/creating-zap (Click Make a Zap! at the top right) OR Select an existing zap.
On the left sidebar, select Trigger and search your app and configure it.
On the left sidebar, select one of the following:
- If it's a new zap, select the Action step
- If it's an existing zap, select Add a Step at the bottom
Next we need to configure the action to connect to ProveSource:
- Click Choose App select Webhooks by Zapier Action
- Select POST and hit Continue (to data of products, use the Custom Request option)
URL - set the Webhook you copied from ProveSource
Payload Type - select JSON
Data - if you're NOT using Stream notifications skip this.
if you are using Stream, email is the only required field:
1. Left side inputs are the keys / identifier of the data, possible options:
- Basic parameters: email, firstName, lastName
- Location parameters: ip, city, country, countryCode, state, stateCode
- CodePurchase/Product parameters: productName, productLink, productImage
2. Right side inputs are the corresponding values, you should click the + button and select the values from the dropdown (these are collected automatically by Zapier from the Trigger step)
Find more details about the possible parameters here.
The rest should be untouched (Wrap Request In Array (no), File, Unflatten, Basic
Tip: Be sure to check the Events page in ProveSource to see the calls from Zapier
You're good to go!